High Insurance Excess? You can insure this with Vehicle Excess Protection Cover

I had a minor accident in my car recently; I hit a post in a car park and damaged my door.

Before claiming I decided to get an approximate estimate for repairs, as I would rather not have a claim on record which I know only to well will increase my premium.

The bill would be £1,200, so I decided to make claim and I have a £400 policy excess. I can certainly think of better ways to spend £400 but the car needed repairing.

Fortunately I had an Excess Protection Policy, which I bought separately from my car insurance for around £35. I will need to pay my £400 excess when I collect my car but I can send the receipt off and claim to have this refunded to me from the Excess Protection Policy.

So, in summary, Vehicle Excess Protection Insurance covers the reimbursement of your motor insurance excess that you have paid when you make a claim from your own policy.

Two points to note are that you can’t claim from this policy if the accident is not your fault and you can claim the excess from the other party. Also, you can’t claim “up to” the insured amount if the damage is small.

In essence you can only claim if you have had to pay your insurance excess and you can’t claim that back form anyone else.

At Entrust Insurance Services we can cover a range of private, commercial and haulage vehicles including motor cars, motor bikes, quad bikes, caravans, motor homes, commercial vehicles, taxis, mini buses, coaches, dual control vehicles and chauffeur driven vehicles.

The cover is available is for excesses of £350, £500, £750, £1000 and £1500. Obliviously if your excess within this then select the next level up.

If you are interested in purchasing a policy then more information can be found at http://entrust-insurance.co.uk/excessprotection.html


Our private, commercial and haulage vehicle information can be found at:

Obviously if you have any questions or would like free advice then call us on 0844 272 5358

Share this nice post:
This entry was posted in Car Insurance, Claims, Commercial Vehicle, Courier Insurance, Fleet Insurance, Haulage Insurance, Light Haulage Insurance, Truck Insurance, Van Insurance, Vehicle Excess Protection Cover, Vehicle Insurance and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to High Insurance Excess? You can insure this with Vehicle Excess Protection Cover

  1. Richard says:

    Really good related information! I have been searching for everything similar to this for some time now. Many thanks!

  2. Damian says:

    Really good information! I have been browsing for anything similar to this for some time finally. Many thanks!

  3. flintshire says:

    Hello there, simply turned into aware of your blog thru Google, and found that it is really informative. I?m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. A lot of other folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

  4. Thanks for another informative site. Where else may just I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I have a mission that I’m just now running on, and I’ve been at the glance out for such info.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *